NASHVILLE --- Carlos Marshall Jr. is the latest student-athlete to join the Tennessee State men’s basketball program. The Memphis, Tenn. native earned First Team All-Tennessee Community College Athletic Association Region 7 in 2017-18 as a freshman at Southwest Tennessee Community College.
Playing alongside Michael Littlejohn and Damarri Moore and under the direction of Jerry Nichols, Marshall helped lead Southwest Tennessee Community College to a 24-5 record and a ranking of 18 in the final NJCAA Poll last season.
Carlos Marshall Jr. | 6-6 | Guard
Memphis, Tenn. | Southwest Tennessee Community College
- Excelled in freshman season at Southwest Tennessee Community College in 2017-18
- Earned First Team All-Tennessee Community College Athletic Association Region 7
- Southwest Tennessee’s second-leading scorer with 12.8 points per game
- Also posted 4.7 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game, while shooting the ball at a 39.7 percent clip from three-point range
- Scored in double figures in 19 games
- Made 10 three pointers on 14 attempts against Blue Mountain College for a season-high 30 points
- Played high school basketball at Southwind High School in Memphis alongside current TSU guard Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey
- Led Southwind HS to a 32-7 record and a run to the Class AAA State Championship Game as a senior in 2017
- 2015-16 Class AAA TSWA All-State as a junior
- Named to the AAA All-Metro Team in Memphis by the Commercial Appeal as a senior
- Played AAU for Team Thad