NASHVILLE --- Tennessee State Director of Track and Field Chandra Cheeseborough-Guice unveiled the schedule for the upcoming cross country season.
- This year’s schedule includes four meets leading up to the Ohio Valley Conference Championship on Oct. 27 in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- The Tigerbelles and Flying Tigers open the season with the first two meets in Nashville for the Belmont Opener (Aug. 31) and the Commodore Classic (Sept. 15).
- In the next two meets – hosted by OVC schools – TSU will take part in the Austin Peay Cross Country Festival in Clarksville, Tenn. (Sept. 22) and the MSU Invitational in Murray, Ky. (Oct. 5).
- TSU's men's and women's teams both placed 12th at last year's OVC Cross Country Championship.
- For the men’s team, the squad’s two top runners – Larry McNary and Marcus Abdul are back for their sophomore seasons.
- Tigerbelle Rebekah Wynn also returns for her sophomore campaign after posting TSU’s top finishes in all five meets a year ago.
2018 TENNESSEE STATE CROSS COUNTRY SCHEDULE
8/31 – Belmont Opener – Nashville, Tenn.
9/15 – Commodore Classic – Nashville, Tenn.
9/22 – Austin Peay Cross Country Festival – Clarksville, Tenn.
10/5 – MSU Invitational – Murray, Ky.
10/27 – Ohio Valley Conference Championship – Cape Girardeau, Mo.