PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. --- The Tennessee State men’s golf team closed out the season with a fourth place finish at the 31st PGA Minority Collegiate Championships. The Tigers carded a 20-over, 308, during the final round to conclude play at 63-over, 927.
Rosario Falzone led the Tigers in scoring on Sunday with a 2-over, 74, finishing one stroke ahead of Todd McGill at 3-over, 75. Drew Owens posted a countable 7-over, 79, while Jermey Fultz and Kody Rendleman entered the clubhouse with matching 80’s.
Falzone opened the day with bogeys on three of the first five holes before cutting his score to 1-over with birdies on back-to-back holes. The sophomore gave a stroke back to move to 2-over, but drained a 15 foot putt on the par-3, 11th, to drop to 1-over. Falzone recorded six pars and a bogey over the final seven holes to finish the day at 2-over.
McGill closed out his career at TSU with his best round of the tournament. McGill hit a wedge to four feet and made birdie on No. 3 to move to Even. The senior fell to 3-over as he parred six holes and made three bogeys over the next nine holes. McGill drained a pair of 15 foot birdie putts on No. 13 and No. 17 to finish the round at 3-over for the day.
1. Bethune-Cookman 288-295-282=875 +11
2. Incarnate Word 302-299-290=891 +27
3. Savannah State 304-315-307=926 +62
4. Tennessee State 307-312-308=927 +63
5. North Carolina Central 313-305-314=932 +68
6. Florida A&M 306-310-318=934 +70
7. Hampton 318-341-323=982 +118
8. Maryland-Eastern Shore 323-339-333=995 +131
9. Chicago State 326-343-341=1010 +146
Leaderboard (43 Golfers)
11. Jermey Fultz 76-72-80=228 +12
17. Todd McGill 76-81-75=232 +16
21. Drew Owens 77-78-79=234 +18
25. Rosario Falzone 83-81-74=238 +22
27. Kody Rendleman 78-84-80=242 +26