Event 1: 14th Murray State Invitational
Hosted by: Murray State
Location: Murray, Ky.
Course: Miller Memorial Golf Club
Details: Par-71, Yardage – 6,601
Weather at Start of Round: Delayed due to Rain (Started at 9:30 a.m.) - Light Rain, 60
Scoring: Stats Following Each Day at tsutigers.com
Place After Round 3: 6th of 14 (+13)
Top 5 Teams:
MURRAY, Ky. --- The Tennessee State men's golf team combined for a 6-over, 292, during the final round of the Murray State Invitational. Despite a solid round, the Tigers dropped a couple spots in the standings and finished sixth in the first event of the 2017-18 campaign.
The final 18 holes of the 54-hole event were delayed 30 minutes due to the saturation from overnight rain fall. The field of 89 golfers from 14 teams began under light rain, which they dealt with several times throughout the day.
Scotty Hudson led the Tigers shooting an Even, 71, on Tuesday. Hudson finished tied for 11th at 1-over, 214, with Rosario Falzone and John Tyminski, who entered the clubhouse with a 75 and a 73, respectively.
The trio was joined in the team scoring by Kody Rendleman who posted a 2-over, 73.
Drew Owens (Started on Hole 6)
- Drained a 50 foot putt on the par-5, 12th, for his lone birdie of the day
Kody Rendleman (Hole 6)
- Made birdies on No. 15 and No. 17
- Knocked a soft pitching wedge from 119 yards to ten feet of the flag setting up a birdie putt on the par-4, 15th
Scotty Hudson (Hole 5)
- Hit second shot on the par-4, 11th from 40 yards out to a foot of the hole for birdie
- On the par-3, 2nd, hit a 5-iron off the tee box with a light rain fall to a foot of the flag setting up a tap in for birdie
John Tyminski (Hole 4)
- Started slow and sat 3-over after the first six holes, stemming from a tee shot into the water on the par-3, 9th, causing a double bogey
- Recorded back-to-back birdies on 15 and 16
Rosario Falzone (Hole 4)
- Hit wedge from 80 yards to four feet to birdie the par-4, 6th
- Hit a flop shot over the bunker to seven feet to set up a birdie putt on par-5, 17th
(I) Sam Gatlin (Hole 14)
- After a bogey on No. 11, bounced back with an eagle on the par-5, 12th
- Hit driver off the tee box down the left side of the fairway leaving 245 yards to the pin
- With intentions of reaching the green in two, he used a three wood to carry the water and land six inches from the hole, allowing a tap in for eagle
Up Next: The Tigers will travel west to compete in the Memphis Intercollegiate on Monday, Sept. 18. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will take place at the Colonial Country Club.
Leaderboard (89 Golfers)
1. Hunter Richardson (UT Martin) 68-64-71=203, -10
T11. Rosario Falzone 69-70-75=214, +1
T11. John Tyminski 74-67-73=214, +1
T11. Scotty Hudson 70-73-71=214, +1
T44. Kody Rendleman 74-76-73=223 +10
T51. Sam Gatlin (I) 73-74-78-=225, +12
75. Drew Owens 75-79-78=232 +19
|Sam Gatlin (I)||6||8||--||--||0||1|