Event 6: Grover Page Classic
Hosted by: UT Martin
Location: Jackson, Tenn.
Course: Jackson Country Club
Details: Par-72, Yardage – 6,776
Weather at Start of Round: 1st - Mostly Sunny, 38; 2nd - Mostly Sunny & Windy, 49
Place After 1st Round: 4th of 10 (+13)
Place After 2nd Round: 4th of 10 (+25)
Top 5 Teams:
JACKSON, Tenn. --- The Tennessee State men’s golf team returned to the links on Monday and sits in fourth place in the 10 team field at the Grover Page Classic. The Tigers teamed for a 25-Over, 601, through the first 36 holes of the 54 hole tournament.
John Tyminski led the way for the Tigers on day one after firing a 3-over, 147. Tyminski shot an Even, 72, during the morning session before posting a 75 in the afternoon. The sophomore sits in ninth place of the 60 player field and is six strokes off the leader.
Senior Jermey Fultz bounced back from a rough morning, cutting five strokes from his score. Fultz finished 1-over during the second round to stand at 7-over heading into the final day. Drew Owens followed Fultz with a pair of 76's and is 8-over, tied for 20th. Scotty Hudson marked for the Tigers in the first round with a 75, while Rosario Falzone scored in the second by posting a 76.
Kody Rendleman, playing as an indidvual, is tied for 22nd at 9-over. Sam Gatlin struggled in the first round with a 13-over, 85, but charged back in the second with a 77. Jay Grove finished day one a stroke behind Gatlin after carding a 19-over, 163.
Jermey Fultz (Started on Hole 1)
- Chipped in from 30 yards out on No. 5 for eagle.
John Tyminski (Hole 1)
- Posted the fifth most pars by all golfers through day one with 23.
Drew Owens (Hole 2)
- Recorded the fourth highest amount of birdies (8) through two rounds.
Scotty Hudson (Hole 3)
Rosario Falzone (Hole 4)
- In the first round, hit a wedge from 79 yards out to four inches on No. 17 to set up birdie putt.
- Made an eagle in the second round.
- Hit a 5-wood from 225 yards to 18 feet above the hole.
Sam Gatlin (I) (Hole 13)
- Made two birdies in the second round.
- Chipped in on No. 9 and No. 18, both from 10 yards off the green.
Jay Grove (I) (Hole 14)
Kody Rendleman (I) (Hole 15)
- Birdied holes No. 5, 6 and 7.
- Just missed four in a row with a lip out putt on No. 8.
UP NEXT: The third and final round has been delayed an hour due to a frost advisory. The golfers will tee off at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning. The final 18 holes will be a shotgun start.
Leaderboard (60 Golfers)
1. Zack Zedikar (Delta State) 65-76=141, -3
9. John Tyminski 72-75=147, +3
T17. Jermey Fultz 78-73=151 +7
T20. Drew Owens 76-76=152, +8
T22. Kody Rendleman (I) 75-78=153 +9
T39. Scotty Hudson 75-83=158, +14
T45. Rosario Falzone 84-76=160, +16
T50. Sam Gatlin (I) 85-77=162, +18
T57. Jay Grove (I) 81-82=163, +19
|Kody Rendleman (I)||7-7||11-5||31-28||NA-NA||5-3||0-0|
|Sam Gatlin (I)||6-7||5-6||31-27||NA-8||NA-2||0-0|
|Jay Grove (I)||NA-NA||NA-NA||NA-NA||NA-10||NA-NA||0-0|