2017-18 Men's Tennis Season in Review
- Tennessee State tennis finished the 2017-18 season 10-12 overall, including a 0-5 run in the Ohio Valley Conference, finishing seventh in the league.
- The Tigers finished the season 5-7 at home, 5-5 on the road, four of the matches on neutral grounds.
- After his fourth year at the helm, Coach Monroe Walker is 27-53, 2-27 OVC in his career.
- In the fall, Tanishq Mahendru took home the Men’s C Flight Singles Championship title, while the duo Pavle Popovic and Shashank Nautiyal won the B Flight doubles championship.
- Shashank Nautiyal received the Top Male Academic Excellence Award for the highest GPA among male student-athletes.
- The men’s team earned the highest team GPA of men’s small sports with a 3.683 average. Every student-athlete earned a spot on the President’s List (4.0 GPA) or AD’s List (3.25-3.99).
- Shashank Nautiyal was awarded team Most Valuable Player by Coach Walker.
- Singles – Shashank Nautiyal: 15-13 overall, 11-10 dual, 4-3 tour., 2-4 OVC
- Doubles – Shashank Nautiyal and Tanishq Mahendru: 8-8 overall, 5-8 dual, 3-0 tournament, 1-3 OVC
- Doubles: Individuals – Shashank Nautiyal: 16-9 overall, 9-9 dual, 7-0 tour., 1-3 OVC