Austin Peay Invitational
Friday, April 13 – 10 a.m.
Fortera Stadium | Clarksville, Tenn.
STARTING LINE: Nearly three weeks since the last competition, the Tennessee State men’s and women’s track and field teams travel to Clarksville, Tenn. for the Austin Peay Invitational set for Friday, April 13. The field events will get underway at 10 a.m. followed by the track events at 2 p.m.
ORDER OF EVENTS
- Field Events (10 a.m. except for 3 p.m. Javelin)
- Discus (W-M)
- Shot Put (M-W)
- Triple Jump (M-W)
- Long Jump (W-M)
- High Jump (W-M)
- Pole Vault (W-M)
- Javelin (M-W)
- Track Events (Rolling Schedule at 2 p.m., ending at approximately 6:30 p.m.)
- 400m Relay (W-M)
- 1500m (W-M)
- 100/110m Hurdles (W-M)
- 400m (W-M)
- 100m (W-M)
- 800m (W-M)
- 400H (W-M)
- 200m (W-M)
- 3000m Steeple (M-W)
- 1600m Relay (W-M)
- 5000m Run (W-M)
LAST TIME OUT: Isaiah Olige and R’Lazon Brumfield earned Ohio Valley Conference Weekly awards following their performances at the Weems Baskin Invitational in late March. Olige took home OVC Co-Track Athlete of the Week after clocking in at 53.47 in the 400m hurdles – the best time in the conference this season. Brumfield’s Co-Field Athlete of the Week award came after he reached 7.29m (23’11”) in the long jump, second best in the OVC this season. On the women’s side, Mikayla Banks set a personal record in the 400m (56.56).
RANKINGS IN THE NATION AMONG NCAA DIVISION I STUDENT-ATHLETES
- 28th – Cyra Beard – High Jump – 1.75m (5’8.75”)
- 52nd – Mikayla Thompson – Shot Put – 15.34m (50’4”)
- 53rd - R'Lazon Brumfield - Triple Jump - 15.20m (49'10.5")
OHIO VALLEY CONFERENCE WEEKLY AWARDS THIS OUTDOOR SEASON
- March 21 – James Faison – Co-Track Athlete of the Week - MEN
- March 21 – R’Lazon Brumfield – Field Athlete of the Week - MEN
- March 21 – Cyra Beard – Field Athlete of the Week - WOMEN
- March 28 – Isaiah Olige – Co-Track Athlete of the Week - MEN
- March 28 – R’Lazon Brumfield – Co-Field Athlete of the Week - MEN
UP NEXT: TSU travels to Atlanta, Ga. for the Georgia Tech Invitational on April 20-21.