|April 06, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||R||H||E|
|Win: WALDROP (6-7)||5.0||4||0||0||0||3|
|Loss: HART (0-8)||1.0||3||6||4||2||0|
|April 06, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||R||H||E|
|Win: HUGHES (4-7)||7.0||5||1||1||2||4|
|Loss: POWELL (2-17)||6.0||5||3||3||2||4|
GAME 36: Tennessee Tech 8, Tennessee State 0 (5 inn)
GAME 37: Tennessee Tech 3, Tennessee State 1
RECORDS: TSU (3-34, 0-8), TTU (11-23, 2-6)
FIELD: Tech Softball Field
LOCATION: Cookeville, Tenn.
WEATHER: Mostly Cloudy, 54
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. --- Tennessee State saw its losing skid reach 17 games as they dropped both ends of a double header on Friday. The Tigers opened the day with a five inning, 8-0, loss to the Golden Eagles before giving up a late home run to fall 3-1 in game two.
Maddison Clark gave the Tigers its first lead in 16 games with a solo home run in the second inning of game two. The lead would not last long as TTU evened the score in the fourth. Lauren Powell pitched a solid game, but was settled with the loss after giving up the two run shot in the sixth.
The Tigers dropped to 0-8 in Ohio Valley Conference play as they were held to nine hits on the day. Senior Whitney Ennis collected three hits on the afternoon; while Sarah Snell reached base four times, two by way of hits.
Snell and Kierra Ware each swiped a bag to increase the team total to 44 on the season. The amount for the Tigers is fourth in the OVC. Snell stole her 12th base, matching Tassy Lyles to lead TSU. Ware remained perfect on the season and is now 7-for-7 in her junior campaign.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Sarah Snell collected two hits in game one and two walks in game two.
- Bri Vire and Whitney Ennis joined Snell for the Tigers four hits in the opener.
- Ennis finished the day with three hits, two coming in the back end of the double dip.
- Maddison Clark highlighted the hit parade for the Tigers with a solo home run in the second inning.
- The blast was the second of the season, and the career, of the junior.
- Erica O'Kane and Patton Akers joined Ennis and Clark with hits in game two.
- Tori Hart (0-8) took the loss in game one, giving up six runs, four earned, on three hits and two walks.
- Lauren Powell relieved Hart and tossed the final 3.0 innings and allowed two runs, one earned, on three hits and two walks.
- Powell (2-17) suffered the loss in game two as she was touched for three runs on five hits and two walks.
- The junior hurler struck out five batters on the day - one in the first, four in the second.
- The Tigers left six runners on base in game two and went 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position.
- Snell is batting .417 in the first inning this season as the lead off hitter and has amassed a .533 on base percentage from the top spot.
- Sarah Snell opened the game with a single, but was eliminated on a line drive double play off the bat of Erica O’Kane.
- Tennessee Tech struck first with five runs in the first and added two runs in the second.
- Lauren Powell relieved starter Tori Hart in the second inning.
- Bri Vire was stranded in the second after delivering a one-out single down the right field line.
- The Tigers threatened in the third as Kasey Cox reached after being hit by a pitch and Snell singled to right center.
- Tech shutdown the Tiger attack by thwarting a double steal.
- TTU added a run in the fourth to increase the lead to 8-0, allowing the game to end after five innings of play.
- Snell once again reached base to open the game with a base on balls.
- The shortstop moved to second on a wild pitch, but would not advance another base.
- The Tigers were the first on the board as Maddison Clark lifted a high fly ball which carried over the fence in left center for the 1-0 lead.
- Tech would even the score with a run in the bottom of the fourth.
- Whitney Ennis produced the first of her two hits in the game to open the fifth.
- Kierra Ware entered to pinch run and proceeded to steal second base and advance to third on a wild pitch.
- Snell walked and stole second to give the Tigers two runners in scoring position with one, but TSU was unable to push a run across on back-to-back groundouts.
- TTU would take the lead for good with a towering two-run home run in the sixth.
- Ennis singled with one out to bring the tying run to the plate, but the Big Blue was unable to get any closer.
The Tigers continue their road trip with a double header on Sunday afternoon versus Jacksonville State. The game will be played at Choccolocco Park in Oxford, Ala.
- The Tigers wore their wore their all grey uniforms with solid blue socks
- First pitch of Game 1 was at 12:34 p.m.
- Game duration was 1:25
- First Pitch of Game 2 was at 2:23 p.m.
- Game duration was 1:41
- TSU has dropped 18 straight games
- The Tigers led TTU 1-0 in game two, it was the first lead in a game for TSU since Mar. 11 versus Mississippi Valley State. The streak covered 16 games.
- Bri Vire started game one, marking her first start since Mar. 2
- Lindsay Warren recorded her first at bat as a Tiger during the sixth inning of game two