|April 25, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||R||H||E|
|Win: BALDWIN (9-7)||7.0||2||1||1||2||3|
|Loss: HART (0-12)||7.0||7||3||3||1||1|
|DE LA CRUZ (MT)||1||0||1||0||0||0|
GAME 45: Middle Tennessee 3, Tennessee State 1
RECORDS: TSU (3-42), MT (31-18)
FIELD: Tiger Field
LOCATION: Nashville, Tenn.
WEATHER: Cloudy, 70
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State softball program earned an early lead on Wednesday evening versus Middle Tennessee, but the advantage would be short lived. The Blue Raiders responded with a pair of runs in their next at bat and added an insurance run to claim a 3-1 win at Tiger Field.
Reese Weber earned the lone hits for the Tigers with a single in the first and an RBI double in the third. Weber drove a ball to the fence in right field to chase home Bri Vire for the early 1-0 lead.
The Blue Raiders responded with two runs on two hits and a walk off starter Tori Hart. The sophomore pitcher tossed a complete game and scattered seven hits and a walk on the evening.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Reese Weber finished 2-for-3 with a double.
- Weber reached base in all three plate appearances, the final via a fielding error.
- Sarah Snell and Ariel Johnson each earned walks.
- Johnson stole her fifth base of the season.
- Tori Hart surrendered a lead off single before retiring the 10 batters, including a strikeout for the final out.
- Sarah Snell opened the game with a walk for the Tigers and moved to second on a sacrifice bunt by Bri Vire.
- Reese Weber singled through the left side of the infield, moving Snell to third, before being stranded.
- Ariel Johnson opened the third with a walk and moved 60 feet on a Snell sacrifice bunt.
- Johnson was caught between third and home as Bri Vire reached on a fielder's choice and advanced to second on the play.
- Weber followed with her second hit of the game, a double to the fence in right field, plating Vire.
- The Blue Raiders responded with two runs in the fourth and one in the fifth.
- The defense shined in the seventh inning throwing two runners at home plate.
- Katie Schneider gunned down the first runner at the plate on a ground ball to first.
- Two pitches later, the Tigers thwarted a double steal attempt as Sarah Snell cut a ball to second and fired home to Whitney Ennis to cut down the would be base stealer.
TSU returns to the road for a pair of Ohio Valley Conference double headers. The Tigers travel to Cape Girardeau to take on Southeast Missouri before heading for a pair of games at UT Martin.
- The Tigers wore their all white uniforms with the blue stirups with horizontal red and white stripes
- First pitch of game one was at 6:01 p.m.
- Game duration was 1:33
- Sarah Snell earned a walk in the first inning, the 46th of her career
- The base on balls moves Snell into a tie for 7th all-time at TSU, matching Tayler Shimizu (2012-15)
- TSU has dropped 26 straight games