|April 24, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||6||R||H||E|
|Win: Matty Moss (10-2)||5.0||3||0||0||1||10|
|Loss: HUPPEE (1-3)||2.1||3||2||2||0||0|
|Kaili Phillips (UT)||3||3||3||2||0||1|
|April 24, 2019||1||2||3||4||5||R||H||E|
|Win: Ashley Rogers (18-3)||5.0||1||0||0||1||10|
|Loss: LOVELESS (8-12)||2.1||4||7||4||2||0|
|Kaitlin Parsons (UT)||4||2||3||2||0||1|
GAME 35: #9 Tennessee 8, Tennessee State 0 (6 inn)
GAME 36: #9 Tennessee 15, Tennessee State 2 (5 inn)
RECORDS: TSU (10-26), UT (36-10)
FIELD: Sherri Parker Lee Stadium
LOCATION: Knoxville, Tenn.
WEATHER: Mostly Sunny, 82
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. --- The Tennessee State dropped both ends of a double header on Wednesday afternoon. The Tigers fell 8-0 in five innings and 15-2 in six.
Patton Akers led the Tigers at the plate with a hit in each game. Reese Weber and Savanah Wallace collected a hit in game one, while Lauren Farias earned a base knock in the night cap.
Farias delivered a single to center in the fifth inning of game two, which was misplayed by the fielder. Ariel Johnson and Megan Huppee scored on the play giving the Tigers their lone runs on the day.
Huppee was tagged with the loss in game two, while Raven Loveless suffered the loss in game two.
- The Tigers would put the first two runners of the first two innings on base
- Bri Vire opened the game with a walk and was followed by Sarah Snell who was hit by a pitch
- In the second inning, Erica O’Kane reached on a fielding error and moved up 60 feet on a Megan Huppee walk
- UT used a single, a triple and a sacrifice fly to open the bottom of the third to take a 2-0 lead off Huppee
- Raven Loveless entered to pitch in the bottom of the third with one out
- UT added two runs in the fourth to take a 4-0 advantage
- The Tigers opened the sixth inning by once again putting the first two batters on board
- Katie Schneider earned a walk and moved to second on an infield single by pinch hitter Savanah Wallace
- TSU hitters went down in order after the quick start
- The Lady Vols closed out the game with four runs in the sixth
- TSU left two runners on base in the first inning after Reese Weber and Katie Schneider tried to produce a two-out rally
- Weber reached on a walk and advanced on an error off the bat of Schneider
- Patton Akers recorded the first hit of the game with a single to left in the second inning
- UT went on an offensive attack with two runs in the first, a run in the second, seven in the third and five in the fourth
- The Tigers got on the scoreboard with two runs in the fifth
- Ariel Johnson and Megan Huppee both opened the inning with walks
- Lauren Farias ripped a single into centerfield, which would get by the fielder, allowing the two baserunners to score
- Raven Loveless suffered the loss and fell to 8-12
Up Next: The Tigers will hit the road for a pair of Ohio Valley Conference double headers. TSU will stop to face SIUE on Friday, Apr. 26, before heading to Charleston, Ill. to square off with Eastern Illinois on Sunday, Apr. 28.