|September 10, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
MARSHALL - 13
PIERSON - 1
MARSHALL - 1
- 15||Digs||RIVERA ORTIZ
NASHVILLE, Tenn. --- TSU fell to Evansville 3-0 (25-23, 25-23, 25-22) Tuesday evening in Kean Hall. Tennessee State's overall record moves to 3-5 improving the Purple Aces record to 2-2.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Julia Pierson led the team with 10 kills and received 13 digs, marking her first double double of the season, 17th of her career.
- Teuila Lolotai and Kristian Marshall tied with 13 assists.
- Gina Rivera-Ortiz had a season high of 21 digs.
- Evansville started off the set with a three-point run.
- A kill from Lolotai got the Tigers back into the set.
- A block assist from Aria Holmes and Kendall Bullock tied the match, the Tigers took the lead with another block assist for Kariely Santana-Delgado and Holmes.
- Santana-Delgado with her first kill of the match created a three-point lead for TSU.
- A setting error on Marshall, gave the Puple Aces the scoreboard back.
- With a five-point lead, UE continued its run to a set victory with kills from Alondra Vazquez and Melanie Feliciano, 25-23.
- A good volley between the teams at the beginning of the set was interrupted with a block by Khalia Jordan and Aniya Williams allowing TSU to take the lead.
- With kills from Williams and Santana-Delgado the Tigers increased its dominant stance in the set to a seven-point lead.
- A kill from Rachel Tam got the Purple Aces back into the set, but notching another kill, Julia Pierson kept the Tigers in the lead.
- UE tried to stay in the set and with an attack error on Rivera Ortiz, Evansville tied the set.
- A third kill from Santana-Delgado broke the tie.
- Tennesse State's momentum was put at a stand still as the Tigers committed error upon error, allowing UE to take control of the set.
- Pierson tried to keep Big Blue in the game with another kill, but a kill for Tam kept UE on top.
- With her sixth kill of the match, Patiricia Joseph won the set for Evansville, 25-23.
- Proving to be a good match up, the volley of points continued.
- Feliciano helped UE pull ahead with another kill for her record.
- An attack error on the Purple Aces gave the Tigers the lead.
- Kate Tsironis tried to keep UE in the set with a kill, but Williams drilled one into the Purple Ace's defense.
- Evansville's defense could not catch a break with another kill from Holmes.
- The Purple Aces took the lead with another for kill Feliciano.
- A kill for Joseph gave UE match point.
- Pierson with a kill motivated the Tigers to dig deep, but Feliciainos 15th kill of the match won the match for UE, 25-22.
- Set Three | Allana McInnis received a yellow card.
- Set Three | Evansville head coach received a red card.
- The Tiger's overall record is now 3-5.
- Overall record against Evansville is now 0-3.
Tennessee State will travel to New Orleans for the University of New Orleans Invitational. The Tigers will compete against New Orleans, Southern and Mercer, opening the weekend against host UNO, Friday, Sept. 13 at 11:00 a.m.