|September 17, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
GARCIA GUERRIOS - 11
FLORENCE, Ala. --- Tennessee State swept North Alabama 3-0 (25-23, 25-23, 25-13) Sept. 17 in Florence Ala. The Tigers have one more non-conference match before conference play begins Sept. 27.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Julia Pierson led the match with 11 kills, securing 100 season kills.
- Teuila Lolotai and Sofia Garcia-Guerrios tied for 11 assists a piece.
- Gina Rivera-Ortiz led the match with 17 digs.
- After a good volley, the Lions took the lead with a kill and an attack error on Khalia Jordan.
- A kill for Pierson, which marked her 100th for the season, tied the match for the Tigers.
- Block assist for Jordan and Aria Holmes took the lead for TSU.
- Two kills for UNA's Alyssa Dutton, gave the Lions a two-point lead.
- A service error and attack error on UNA tied the set.
- A kill from Jordan gave Big Blue the lead.
- Maggie Sullivan with a kill and a UNA service ace took the lead back for the Lions.
- A tough rally ended with a block assist from Kiara Hill and Holmes which gave the Tigers the scoreboard back.
- Pierson with an attack error tied the set.
- Two North Alabama service errors and Pierson with her third kill of the match won the set for TSU, 25-23.
- Tennessee State took the lead early with a kill from Aniya Williams and two attack errors on the Lions.
- A North Alabama kill tied the set.
- Holmes and Kendall Bullock with a block assist gave the Tigers a two-point lead.
- A kill from North Alabama's Megan Zuck gave the Lions a fighting chance but with an attack error, Zuck, tied the game.
- Williams, Bullock and Pierson helped the Tigers offensively gain it's lead back with kills.
- Kariely Santana-Delgado with her first kill of the match kept the Tigers ahead.
- The Lions fought to stay in the set but a UNA attack error gave the Tigers set point.
- Jordan with her seventh kill won the set for Tennessee State, 25-23.
- A block for Williams and Jordan gave the Tigers an early lead.
- UNA with a block tied the set.
- Kill from Kiara Hill and three aces in a row for Williams gave Big Blue a four-point lead.
- Pierson with her 10th kill of the match kept TSU on top.
- Another ace for Williams and a kill from Holmes gave Tennessee State a 10-point lead over North Alabama.
- Two kills from Jasmine Fuqua and a block assist by Hill and Holmes solidified the set lead for the Tigers.
- A service error on UNA gave TSU match point and Pierson with her 11th kill won the match for Tennessee State, 25-13.
- The Tigers are now 6-6 overall.
- Tennessee State's record agasint North Alabama has advanced to 2-0.
The Tigers will host University of Arkansas Pine Bluff Sept. 20 at 6 p.m. in Kean Hall. Be sure to go all out in blue gear to show support for your Tigers!