|October 18, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
SEYRING - 1
GRAHAM - 1
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. --- Tennessee State volleyball fell to Austin Peay 3-0 (25-8, 25-17, 25-13) Friday, Oct. 18 in Winfield Dunn Center. This makes TSU's overall record 9-11, in the Ohio Valley Conference the Tigers are now at a 2-5 record.
The Tigers tried to stay in the match but Austin Peay proved to be a challenge for Big Blue. Austin Peay's Chloe Stitt put up 16 kills during the match and defensively Ginny Gerig helped the Govs win the sets with 21 digs.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Julia Pierson led the Tigers with six kills, Alondrah Santana-Rodriguez was right behind with five.
- Teuila Lolotai assisted 11 times for Big Blue.
- Gina Rivera-Ortiz helped the Tigers defense with 14 digs.
- The Tigers started off with a service error and allowed Austin Peay take the lead.
- Khalia Jordan scored for TSU with a kill but APSU fired back with four more.
- The Govs kept the lead but recorded two attack errors and a kill from Santana-Rodriguez gave TSU a chance.
- Austin Peay went on another run and was stopped with a kill from Jordan.
- APSU went on a nine-point run and won the set with a kill from Chloe Stitt, 25-8.
- TSU started out strong with kills from Pierson, Santana-Rodriguez and Jordan.
- The Govs kept it tied with shots into the Tigers defense
- Errors on TSU and kills from Austin Peay took the Govs ahead on the scoreboard.
- Aria Holmes tried to keep the Tigers in the set but APSU kept TSU at bay.
- A service ace for Brooke Moore won the set for Austin Peay, 25-17.
- A three-point run for APSU was ended by a kill from Pierson.
- A kill from Lolotai kept the Tigers on the scoreboard but the Govs stopped the advancement with two kills.
- Austin Peay racked up eight points but a kill from Kristian Marshall halted APSU.
- The Tigers tried to stay in the set with kills from Jasmine Fuqua, Santana-Rodriguez and Pierson.
- Another service ace for APSU won the match, 25-13.
- TSU has an overall record of 9-11 and an OVC record of 2-5.
The Tigers will compete against Murray State Saturday, Oct. 19 at 6 p.m. in Murray, Ky.