2019-20 TSU Women's Basketball Recap
- The Tennessee State University women’s basketball team finished the 2019-20 season with an overall record of 4-24 with a 2-16 OVC mark.
- TSU averaged 59.6 ppg while shooting 35.1 percent from the field and 27.8 percent from three-point range.
- Tennessee State finished the season leading the OVC in free-throw percentage with .740.
- TSU ranked 5thin the OVC in steals with 9.5 spg.
- Tennessee State had three players finish the season averaging double-digits in scoring.
- Jaden Wrightsell led the OVC in steals with 2.4 per outing.
- Jazmine Young led TSU in scoring with 12.4 ppg and tallied 347 points on the season.
- Taylor Roberts was TSU’s second leading scorer with 11.9 ppg
- Jaden Wrightsell tallied 10.4 ppg and a team-best 7.9 rpg.
- Jazmine Young ranked 10thin the OVC in scoring (12.4 ppg), 6thin free-throw percentage (.819), 21stin minutes per game (29.0 mpg).
- Taylor Roberts ranked 12thin the OVC in scoring (11.9 ppg), 2ndin free-throw percentage (.873),
- Jaden Wrightsell ranked 22ndin the OVC in scoring (10.4 ppg), 6thin rebounding (7.9 rpg), 1stin steals (2.4 spg), 4thin offensive rebounds (2.8 rpg), 10thin defensive rebounds (5.1 rpg), 30thin minutes per game (26.9 mpg)
- Deaja Richardson made a team-best 36 three-pointers on the season.
- Richardson was named the OVC Freshman of the Week on December 3, 2019 after averaging 15.5 points, 3.0 steals and 2.0 rebounds per game during the previous week.
- TSU posted a season-high 96 points in the win over Murray State on Feb.8, 2020.
- Tennessee State welcomed a crowd of 3,428 for the annual Kids Day game on Feb. 6, 2020.
- Seven women’s basketball student-athletes earned a 3.0 GPA or higher during the Spring 2019 and Fall 2019 academic semesters.
- TSU finished 11thin the 2019-20 OVC standings.
Follow @tsuladytigers on Instagram and Twitter.