2017-18 Women's Golf Year in Review
- The 2017-18 Tennessee State Women’s Golf team placed ninth at the Ohio Valley Conference Championships.
- The Tigers highlighted their season with a 10th place finish at the Saluki Invitational (3/25-26) hosted by Southern Illinois University.
- TSU finished ahead of crosstown foe Lipscomb, outscoring the Bisons by seven strokes.
- The Tigers posted their best 36-hole team score of 646 at the Town and Country Invitational (10/30-31).
- The outing was the best 36-hole tournament in program history.
- The 646 is 21 strokes better than the 36-hole, Saluki Invitational, result from the spring of 2017.
- Freshman Carson Racich recorded the second best score in TSU history, a 1-over, 73.
- The mark was one stroke off of the record setting 72 by Jessica Nemnich at the WCU Great Smokies Collegiate Tournament in 2006.
- The low 54-hole event took place at the F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate (10/2-3) after carding a 1,021.
Junior, Paige Harlin
- Played in the first four events of the year.
- Low round came during the final 18 holes at the Chris Banister Golf Classic during the opening event.
- Finished three strokes shy of her career best 36-hole event, carding a 181 during the Town & Country Invitational.
Freshman, Dhani McDowell
- Closed out the season with her two best events.
- Carded a 176 for 36-holes at the Jan Weaver Invitational and a 271 for 54-holes at the Ohio Valley Conference Championship.
- Shot an 84 on two occasions for her low round of the season.
- Accomplished the feat during the second round of the F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate and again during round two of the Saluki Invitational.
Freshman, Carson Racich
- Low round of the season came during the second round of the Town & Country Invitational with a 73.
- The round was the second best round in TSU history.
- Her 152 during the event was five shots shy of the TSU low 36-hole score.
- Her seasonal best 54-hole tournament of 232 at the Bobby Nichols Intercollegiate was the second best score in program history.
- Her score was three shots short of the TSU record.
- Placed 12th at the Town & Country Invitational and the Saluki Invitational.
Sophomore, Haleigh Riley
- Cut five strokes off her average from her freshman campaign.
- Notched a tournament best finish of 33 rd after a career best 36-hole 171 at the Town & Country Invitational.
- Carded a seasonal best 84 during the first round of the F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate.
- Her performance at the F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate of a 259 was a career low for a 54-hole tournament.
Sophomore, Morgan Rood
- Droped two scores from her freshman seasons average.
- Scored a career best round of 78 during the 2nd round of the Town & Country Invitational.
- The round led to her registering a career best 157 for 36-holes at the same event.
- Had a career best tournament finish at the Town & Country Invitational, placing 20th.
Sophomore, Savannah Szozda
- Posted her career best tournament finish, placing 31st at the Town & Country Invitational.
- Matched her career best score of 167 for a 36-hole event at the Town & Country Invitational.
- Seasons best round was a 78 during the first round of the Town & Country Invitational.