MEMPHIS --- Kicking off day one action of the Memphis Invitational, the Tennessee State women’s track and field team posted solid performances on Friday at the Billy J. Murphy Track and Field Complex.
- Grenetria Shell turned in one of the best long jump distances of her career, reaching 5.66m for eighth place on the day.
- Shell was followed closely in the long jump by Angel Horton in 10th place with a distance of 5.54m.
- In the hammer, Amani Taylor earned a sixth-place finish with a mark of 50.65m with Hannah Alsup taking eighth place thanks to a mark of 47.93m.
- Rebekah Wynn ran her best 1500m time of the season in 5:05.71.
- The Memphis Invitational concludes tomorrow.
Women’s Long Jump
5.66m – Grenetria Shell – 8th Place
5.54m – Angel Horton – 10th Place
50.65m – Amani Taylor – 6th Place
47.93m – Hannah Alsup – 8th Place
25.06 – Kyla Jimmar – 9th Place
25.15 – Amber McCroskey – 11th Place
5:05.71 – Rebekah Wynn – 25th Place