COOKEVILLE, Tenn. --- Redshirt junior Daimer Gordon earned fifth place in the hammer to highlight day one action for the Tennessee State women’s track and field team on Thursday at the Ohio Valley Conference Outdoor Championship hosted by Tennessee Tech. Following day one action, TSU is in seventh place with four points.
- With a distance of 50.49m (165’8”), Gordon secured fifth place in the hammer to pick up TSU’s four points.
- The mark is more than half a meter better than Gordon’s previous career best of 49.98m (163’11.5”) from last year’s Georgia Tech Invitational.
- Amani Taylor earned 10th in the hammer with a distance of 45.06m (147’10”), with Mikayla Thompson finishing 11th with a mark of 44.09m (147’4”).
- For Thompson, it is also a career best in the hammer.
- The OVC Outdoor Championship continues tomorrow with day two of the three-day event.
50.49m (165’8”) - Daimer Gordon – 5th Place – 4 Points
45.06m (147’10”) - Amani Taylor – 10th Place
44.09m (147’4”) - Mikayla Thompson – 11th Place
No Mark - Hannah Aslup